There are lots of ways to change what you eat. Rather than reaching for treat foods when you’re hungry, below are some healthy snack ideas to improve your diet and help you make healthier choices. Why not try out some of these food swaps.
Need a light snack between meals?
- Small pot of yoghurt
- 2 rice cakes
- Handful of nuts and seeds
- Vegetable sticks & Hummus
Need to grab something quickly?
- Small bag of popcorn
- Single portion of cheese
- Wholemeal scone
- Small yoghurt pot
- Boiled egg
- 1/2 toasted bagel with peanut butter
Are you really hungry?
- Wholemeal toast, peanut butter and banana
- Wholemeal toast, cheese and tomato
- Bowl of wholemeal soup
- Mini wrap with cheese, meat or fish filling and some veg
- Cheese, meat or fish sandwich with added veg and greens
- Cereal Wheat Biscuits & milk, topped with berries
Not sure how to make an omelette or porridge? Well check out the videos below from SafeFood to see how easy they are: