Hey guys, so I’m here to brighten up your week with everyone’s favourite CHOCOLATE. More specifically the recipe for an amazing super simple chocolate biscuit cake. All you need is…..
150g golden syrup
1 pack of rich tea biscuits (300g)
1. In a large glass bowl melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter over a pot of boiling water. Alternatively if like me you don’t have a suitable bowl, just melt them in the microwave I would recommend using a low heat setting and checking every 10 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn. I would also suggest melting the butter separately to the golden syrup and chocolate as it melts quicker than the others.
2. Break up biscuits into small pieces like shown below.
3. Add the all ingredients together. If using malterers, marshmallows or nuts add now
4. Spread mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper top with buttons and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Scrape the remaining chocolate off the sides of the bowl and eat while you wait for the cake to set.
Pros: chocolate biscuit cake.
Cons: lots of washing up if you have to use a microwave to melt your ingredients.
Silver lining: you can bribe someone to do the washing up for you by offering them chocolate biscuit cake.
adapted from https://www.connachtgold.ie/recipes/chocolate-biscuit-cake/