Curious about what’s happening in college this week? Well you’ve come to the right place. Lets run through some of the highlights this week has to offer. For a full list of everything that’s going on be sure to check out the socs calendar https://socs.nuigalway.ie/calendar.php
- Baking Soc London Trip Info Night – Baking Society are going to London Feb 8th -10th for a premium pastry workshop. Interested? Got questions? come to the info night and find out more in the O’Flaherty @ 18:00
- Potter Soc Screening of Philosophers Stone – Whether you’re a seasoned Potterhead or want you to see how the boy who lived started it all, pop on down to a screening of the first Harry Potter Film in the O’Flaherty @ 19:00
- Time Lord Game Night – All manner of beings are welcome (except Daleks!) to try join in on the Time Lords weekly game night! For good games and even better company be at the Small Acoustic Room in Aras Na Mac Leinn @ 19:00
- Film soc trip to Palas – Are you a fan of fine films? Then come along to Film socs weekly trip to Palas Arthouse Cinema to see indie films at only €3 per ticket! Email email@example.com for more info or meet them at Palas @ 19:00
- DJ Soc Tutorials – Fancy yourself the next deadmau5 or daft punk duo? Pop down to Dj socs tutorials to get your start mixing tapes and dropping tunes in the large acoustic room in Aras na Mac Leinn @ 19:00
- Dramsoc ‘The Devils Ceili’ and mixer – Starting Tuesday and going until Friday Dramsoc will be performing the devilish tale of a Cavan Ceili gone mad! Showings start @ 20:00 each night in the BOI Theatre near Sult. BUT on Tuesday only meet the thespian crew at their mixer also starting @ 20:00 in the Cube
- LinkedIn Workshop – Interested in getting an insight on improving your profile for job searching? Pop down to this seminar and learn how to set up a profile and how to use social networking in your job search! It will be held on campus, THB GO10 Hardiman @ 13:00
Dont forget to Click use this link to register!! https://nuig.gradireland.com/leap/event.htmlid=2257&service=Careers+Service
- St Vincent de Paul- Passion for charity work and volunteering? Head down to AM108 @ 18:00 for their meeting where you can meet with others with the same interest!
- French Soc- Aimez-vous le français? Then why don’t you head down to The Skeff in Galway City @ 19:30! You can learn about the language , the culture, meet new friends and more!
- Bake soc sale- Bake soc will be teaming up with Movember Foundation and Slainte Soc to hold a bake sale on between 11:00 – 15:00 to raise funds for mens health so come on down to Smokeys Cafe and get some of the good stuff! Its for a great cause 🙂
- Journalism soc- Have a passion for writing and want to pursue a career in the journalism field? Head over down to the weekly meetings held in Friars in he Cairnes Building @15.00, where they discuss upcoming projects and assign work to contributors ( writers, journalists, photographers, and social media influencers etc) Free tea and coffee’s supplied!
- Circus soc- Head down to the Cube, Aras na Mac Leinn @18.00 , where workshops are held and a place for you to socialize and share your new skills with each other!
- Voluntary Service abroad soc- VSA will be holding an Annual Christmas Concert in the O’Flaherty theatre @19.30, So come on down and get into the Christmas spirit!
- Comp soc- Head down to DISC Room in IT 205 @ 14:00 for a chance to get to know computer science students from all years!, You also get the great opportunity to practice for technical interview question practice and do problem solving and programming sessions!
- TGI Friday at the Hub- Head down to our very own Hub where we start off the weekend with a bang! , there will be snacks, games and great tunes! Including our Freestyle Fridays where you’re able to request songs, so come on down and socialize!
- Cliff’s of Moher- International Student Society are having their annual trip to the Cliffs of Moher. The tickets are 18 euros pp,you can purchase them from the online link below and Socs Box. They’ll be meeting at the Kingfisher at 7am and will be back in Galway around 4pm. limited amount of online tickets so please get them before they sell out!!
- Global Lounge- Head down to the Hub for a nice relaxed Saturday where there will be food fun and conversation and a great opportunity to interact with others!!
Finbar & Daria 🙂